CT Guided Neck Mass Biopsy- About the Exam
Mountain Medical offers CT guided neck mass biopsy, which allows radiologists to remove tissue in order to examine it for disease. This exam allows radiologists to get a more accurate placement of the needle to get the best tissue sample.
What you can expect during a CT guided neck mass biopsy:
- The technologist will ask you to lie down flat on the examination table.
- A limited CT scan will be performed to confirm the location and the safest approach.
- Once the site is confirmed, the entry site is marked on the skin, then scrubbed, disinfected, and a clean sterile drape will be applied.
- A small nick is made in the skin and the needle is inserted by the radiologist who will then use imaging guidance to find the site and remove samples of tissue.
- The needle will then be removed and the opening will be covered with a dressing.
- A CT guided neck mass biopsy is typically completed in an hour.
Learn how to prepare for CT guided neck mass biopsy.
Learn the benefits and risks of CT guided neck mass biopsy.
Watch the CT - What to Expect Video.